Thursday, December 28, 2017

My Best of 2017

Hi and welcome to my stop on the Best of 2017 blog linky party!  I had such fun going through my posts from the year to figure out which 5 posts I would be highlighting today.  It was a great way for me to review the year and revisit some finishes from earlier in the year that I had forgotten about.

I picked my top 5 posts by the posts with the most views (minus any giveaway posts).  Click on any of the titles to be taken to the actual blog post for more details and pictures.


1.  Magnolia Mystery Quilt

The Magnolia Mystery quilt is my current 2017-18 quilt along and has had several of its instructions be my top viewed posts.  The quilt top was just revealed earlier this month and the reveal parade will be in March (so there is still plenty of time to join in)!




2.  Meadow Mystery Quilt

Another of my top posts was for the Meadow Mystery Quilt.  This mystery quilt finished up in the spring with over 250 versions of the quilt design! I had such fun quilting along with everyone and seeing their different versions of the mystery quilt. You can see all of the finishes here: Day 1 - Day 2 - Day 3.


3.  Modern Plus Sign Quilts Book

My book, Modern Plus Sign Quilts, that is coming out soon (early February!).  I am excited to have the book publishing soon and will be having a book hop and other events to celebrate its release.


4.  5 Tips for Ruler Quilting on a Domestic Machine

My top viewed tutorial this year was on tips for quilting with a ruler on a domestic machine.  I included some tips about rulers, moving the ruler and quilt together, ergonomics, hand position, and pressure.



5.  Up the Ladder

Up the Ladder was my quilt pattern for the 3rd pattern collection of Quilt Theory. The quilt design was inspired by traditional quilt ladders used to showcase and store quilts and is a lap sized, jelly roll or mini charm pack friendly pattern.  


Photograph by Michelle Bartholomew


Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I hope you will consider linking up your favorite posts from 2017 or stopping by to see other blogger's best of 2017 posts!  You can visit the Best of post right here.







18 comments:

  1. Meadow Mystery (your version, just wow!) is my favourite, but I'm SUPER-excited for the book hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cheryl, this post was a brilliant recap of your year and also has me really excited to see what you have in store for 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top 5 hit the high points. Both mysteries were a lot of fun. I'm patiently waiting for your book to come out. Hope your 2018 is even more productive and full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of the best! Love alll these entries and especially loved the Meadow Mystery QAL! I had so much fun doing that quilt and am so pleased to have it done too! I look forward to the book blog hop - do love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Top 5! I’m working on finishing this year’s mystery quilt and I absolutely love it! Thank you for another amazing year on your blog. I so enjoy following you. I hope 2018 is good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great year, congratulations on your publishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your Top 5 & your published book. I'm enjoying the Magnolia Mystery so far, but slowed down over the silly season, so will be back into it early January. Thanks for a wonderful blog & a Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting this linky party, Cheryl. I love the design of your Magnolia Mysery Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a fantastic year! The Magnolia Mystery Quilt looks great. And thank you for hosting the Best of 2017 Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a great designs and lovely pics! Always something to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic year for you, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on all the success that has come your way this year, Cheryl! You're current quilt along is a beautiful design and it is great seeing it in the different mock ups you have shown. I am sure the upcoming parade will be amazing! Looking forward to seeing you again in the new year. Wishing you all the best for 2018!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All beautiful works. Always looking forward to seeing what you create next.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's only reading your achievements together that I really appreciate all the work you have done in the past year. I am so happy for you, your success is so very well deserved. Wishing you much happiness andcontinued success in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All great projects. I need to play catch up with Magnolia. So glad we have until March.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!