Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Quilter's Planner - Sampler Quilt

I have another fun secret sewing project to share today...

You know that I designed a quilt pattern for the 2018 Quilter's Planner from my post last week, this week I get to show you another new feature for the 2018 Quilter's Plannera full sampler quilt pattern that I designed!  You can find out more about the planner and all of the other wonderful new additions here (affiliate link).

When Stephanie approached me about possibly designing a sampler for the Quilter's Planner I said "Yes!" right away.  I love designing quilt alongs and loved the challenge to create a fun and easy paced quilt along with a modern and fresh feel to it (along with an alternative more traditional layout).

The sampler quilt contains instructions for 12 different blocks and two quilt top layouts, a more modern on point version and a more traditional version.  I am planning on sewing along next year to make the on point version with some of my Bonnie and Camille fabrics.

I designed the quilts and wrote the instructions, Susan Bishop (@suebquilts) pieced the quilts and Mandy (@mandaleiquilts, Mandalei Quilts) quilted the quilts.  They both did such a beautiful job!

Here are some pictures of the finished quilts...


Photograph by Kitty Wilkin @nightquilter, taken for The Quilter's Planner 2018 @thequiltersplanner



Photograph by Kitty Wilkin @nightquilter, taken for The Quilter's Planner 2018 @thequiltersplanner




Photograph by Kitty Wilkin @nightquilter, taken for The Quilter's Planner 2018 @thequiltersplanner



Photograph by Kitty Wilkin @nightquilter, taken for The Quilter's Planner 2018 @thequiltersplanner



Photograph by Kitty Wilkin @nightquilter, taken for The Quilter's Planner 2018 @thequiltersplanner

Just remember, you can now pre-order your Quilter's Planner 2018 right here and the bundle right here (and you can learn about all of the other new features and my other pattern I have in the planner in my blog post from last week).

Which is your favorite version - the more modern or traditional?  Are you thinking about joining in?




10 comments:

  1. I think you did a beautiful job with the design, Cheryl, and I love how it can be made modern or traditional! I'm excited to see how others interpret your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic in any colorway! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! I love the on point design in bright colors best. It would fit nicely in my home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both versions are beautiful Cheryl...and maybe by then my life will have settled down a bit and I can quilt along. I have a lot of silver Kona that would look good in the modern version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilt-congrats! Thank you for sharing, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sampler, Cheryl. It is really well balanced and can't wait to see how the QAL goes. I may just hop in on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! Beautiful design. Thankyou for all you do! Looking forward to the quilt. Have a great day❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sampler, both are beautiful but I love the clean crisp look of the white one, so fresh and modern. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. That modern on point quilt speaks to me! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome sampler. I love the on point version at the top.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!