Monday, March 30, 2015

Stash Report - Lotta Jansdotter at JoAnn

When I saw a post over at Cedar Fork Stitches that Lotta Jansdotter had a collection in JoAnn Fabrics, I had to go and check it out.  The JoAnn Fabrics near my work did not have any in stock, but the JoAnn Fabrics near my home had most of the collection.  The fabric has a really great feel to it and the colors are very classic Lotta.  I bought 4 one-yard cuts and am excited to cut into them :)


Also, I am taking part in the Modern Quilt Guild's Riley Blake Challenge using Cottage Garden's collection by The Quilted Fish.  The challenge is to do something you have never done before so I think that I am going to try some sort of triangle quilt.  I needed some additional yardage past the fat eighths given to us and I also wanted some of the pink prints to use.  I was excited to find out that one of our local quilt shops had the whole collection so I was able to see the fabrics in person.  Here are fabrics for the quilt: 


I'm a day late but still linking up with Sunday Stash with Molli Sparkles.





9 comments:

  1. I am excited about the Riley Blake Challenge. I think my something 'new' will be Y-seams... How great that you were able to see the entire collection in person, that can make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lotta Jansdotter fabrics are drool-worthy. I'm going to have to go to my local store soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap... looks like I'll be spending some money at Joann. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news! I have Joanns by my gym! Looks like some motivation to go work out!! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! How are the prices compared to a LQS? Maybe I'll have to use my Joann coupons instead of tossing them. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the triangles for a triangle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the heads up! I will definitely head to Joann and look for this.. I picked up a Lotta Jelly roll 2 years ago at a quilt show... not knowing who the designer was.. just loving the look of the fabrics. I came home and it has ended up in many projects and after researching to find out who it was from.. I fell in love with her fabric lines. This is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, love that Lotta fabric! I saw that JoAnn's has some Cloud 9 fabrics too....will have to investigate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Lotta fabrics are beautiful... Good luck with the triangles, I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!