Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Blogger's Bee Blocks August through January

As part of the New Blogger's Hop back in the summer of 2014 hosted by Beth of Plum and June, a number of bees were created by the members.  I joined a US based bee that we are calling the New Blogger's Group Bee.

For this bee, the queen of the month sends out block instructions and we make two blocks from our own fabrics and send them to her by the end of the month. I have not posted any bee blocks in a while so here are some from the last few many months...

I blogged about the July blocks and finished quilt by Pam @ Sewing Wilde previously here.


For August, Pam @ Quilting Makes My Heart Sing wanted some dash churn blocks using medium value prints.  My blocks are shown below and you can see her finished quilt here.



For September, Marcia @ Cozy Capatiller wanted some 9 patch blocks.  I totally forgot to take pictures of these before I sent them away.

For OctoberKate @ Thread Everywhere wanted either two 12" maple leaf blocks or one 18" maple leaf block.  I used some Free Spirit green fabric on a gray background for the larger version of the leaf.  You can see her finished quilt top in this post.


For NovemberJill @ Pie Lady Quilts wanted some free pieced trees on a neutral background.  I have not done much improv sewing so these blocks were a lot of fun for me.  They wound up measuring about 12" x 18".



For DecemberStephanie @ Late Night Quilter wanted some feathers using jewel tones.  She is going to applique them onto a quilt so we did not have to make a background for the feather blocks.




For JanuaryChristina @ Wips and Tuts wanted what she called the $2,000 dollar bee block.  This was a fun, but complex block to make having 20 flying geese in each block.

The bee has been a great way to meet new wonderful quilty women, I am looking forward to being the "queen bee" in next month!






11 comments:

  1. Stopping in from Let's Bee Social. Love your bee blocks! I just joined my first bee this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite pics on this post are the improv tree blocks. They look like fun and full of possibilities for fabric and color choices! Thanks for sharing your bee year with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Let's bee Social. That's a lot of Bee blocks! claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of bee blocks! Can't believe some of them have turned into quilts already too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you posted a bunch at once - it is neat to see the finished tops that have already been completed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are quite lovely! My favorite being the last ones but I'm a sucker for flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your blocks are very pretty, Cheryl. But I must say, those trees really speak to me. Oh, and the feathers! Nice work on all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. asics shoes sale uk if it is true, this is a asics running shoes sale very concerned for cheap sad thing. You are the owner of asics shoes sale uk this home Baozi Pu. cheap hearts can not help but question asked. asics shoes sale uk Baozi Pu boss chuckled and said yes ah, I'm the boss. cheap nodded and said original Chen uncle yet. cheap asics running shoes Baozi asics shoes sale uk Pu boss said he was watching TV in the house master it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ‘WHOAH.... That was so much fun!!! Thanks Doha, ray ban sunglasses online we loved it!’ she captioned the snap. Earlier on she joined some team players for a selfie where she could be seen in fits of giggles. cheap ray bans She captioned this one writing: ‘Handball2015 Congratulations France!!! Thanks for the singalong!!!’ Just before the performance she showed herself having a some healthy ray ban wayfarers online herbal tea with a big grin on her face yet again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!