Friday, October 4, 2013

On a "Jelly" Roll

One of the main reasons I decided to start this blog was to connect with other quilts and be able to link up with the fun linky parties going around in blog world.  So without further ado...my first link post!

This week I have completed my On the "Jelly" Roll quilt and pattern, which is my sixth pattern.  I wound up designing this pattern because I got a jelly roll of Oh Deer by Momo for Moda from my parents for Christmas and had no idea what to do with it for over half a year.  I came up with this pattern and loved how the blocks when put together for kind of an Irish chain and a star pattern.

You can make your own version of On a "Jelly" Roll.  The pattern is available in my pattern shop in both digital and print forms:





 
Here is a close-up of some of the blocks:


 
I was going to try to quilt the quilt differently in each section, but I decided that with all of the color and patterns going on in the quilt to use a simple overall meandering pattern. 

The back of the quilt is a gray cross-hatch pattern that was an on-sale sheet from Target.  This is the first time I have used a sheet as the backing and I really liked how it came out (no seams and low price).  I did not have any tension or skipped stitch problems.


Thank you so much for visiting my new little blog!  I hope you visit again soon or subscribe :)

Cheryl



14 comments:

  1. Great finish and all the colors just sing!!! The back is nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! It's so bright and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling! It's so bright and cheery, and a fresh new design. Good luck on your sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt looks great edge to edge without the border. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! What a fabulous design to showcase a jelly roll, Cheryl. I too, love that Irish chain look - especially in these bright happy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous.....love the mix of block and colours. Congrats Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Nice chain, but also an interesting design in the "center" of the chains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of Tetris. I love that game. Really nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually have two jelly rolls and am wanting to make a larger than lap quilt with them. Is this pattern adaptable to a larger size?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lois - You are a no-reply blogger so I have no way of writing you back directly to answer your question. Yes, On a Jelly Roll can easily be scaled up to larger sizes by making additional blocks. Thanks,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering if there is a mistake on the piecing instructions -are the colors reversed for the cutting instructions? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong?
    Thank you-
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - I am sorry that this is the only way to reply to your comment. You are a no-reply blogger so no e-mail address is attached to your comment.

      I do apologize that in the language of V2 of the pattern there was a mix-up of the words green and blue. I am sorry for the confusion it caused.

      If you send me your e-mail address I would be happy to send you an updated copy. The Errata of my patterns can be found under the Pattern tab above: http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.com/p/pattern-errata.html

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!